It is ESSENTIAL to strictly follow aftercare instructions to ensure the best possible healed result.
Please NOTE all clients heal differently and at different rates
- Keep the area clean and let it breathe!
- Wash the area gently 2 times a day with lukewarm water and gentle cleanser. Gently pat dry using a lint free cloth.
-Follow with a thin layer of provided after care balm.
Re-apply balm as needed to maintain a thin layer at all times
- Be patient during the initial post-treatment healing process
(more info below).
- Expose to SUN for 2 weeks. Once they have peeled/exfoliated protect brows with sunscreen
- Do not wear apply any cosmetics in the treatment area for at least 7 days
- Do not pick or scratch. Picking can cause scar tissue to build and loss of pigment.
- Do not saturate the area with water until all scabbing has finished. You may shower normally but keep brows protected from water
- Do not use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum-based products while healing.
- Do not apply any anti-acne, anti-aging, exfoliating or lightening products to the area.
- Do not wax or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- Do not exercise and/or sweat during the 7 days after procedure. Sweat contains salt and can pull the pigment from your skin and adversely effect healing and coloring.
- Do not submerge the treated area in pools, jacuzzis or the ocean for 14 days after procedure.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
What to Expect After Treatment:
Following your procedure, the area will appear to be darker and bolder in color. This appearance is due to the pigment sitting on top of your skin.
This appearance lasts about a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The area may feel a bit like sunburn for the first couple of days but there should be very minimal to no discomfort.
The complete healing process takes about 6 weeks. It is during this time that the true intended color gradually presents itself.
During this process, the pigment will soften and lighten. Additionally, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating, at some point it may look like too much color has been lost. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
Maintain a lip balm amount of healing balm to area for 2 weeks. Never let them feel dry.
If you do need to moisturize, please do so sparingly.
You should wait approximately 6 weeks to see the true color intended from the treatment. After 6-8 weeks, your touch-up will be done.
Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Always use sunscreen and wear sunglasses in the sun for further protection.
Retin A, glycolics (and related acids), microdermabrasion, and chemical-peel products must be kept away from the treated area as these could lighten and accelerate fading of the pigment.
Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area. Inform the laser technician of your cosmetic tattoo
Once your treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made will be done at your follow-up appointment (6-8 weeks post-treatment.)
You will absolutely love the result!
The realism of your enhanced look and complete ease of maintenance is absolutely unparalleled.
I encourage you to contact me with any of your questions.